• Room and Ride Sharing

A good chunk of Great Lakes THATCamp attendees will be coming from outside the greater Lansing area.  Many will be flying in to Detroit Metro Airport or driving in from other exotic locales (like the jewel of southern Ontario –  London).  The result is that there will be lots of people who either need a ride or can provide a ride.  So, if you can provide a ride, drop a comment as to where you are coming from, when you are going to be traveling, how many people you can accommodate, etc.  If you need a ride, drop a comment as to your starting destination, when you are going to be traveling, etc, etc, etc.

Likewise, if you want to share a room with someone (thereby defraying the cost a little), drop a comment as to which hotel, etc, etc, etc.  Remember, the Kellog Hotel only has a limited number of rooms available at the discounted price, and our room block reservation is only guaranteed until February 26th.   The 89$/night room rate is good until March 19th – there is just no guarantee that there will be any rooms left in the block.  So, if you want to make absolutely sure you get this rate, you need to book ASAP.  Also, remember that the Kellog Hotel does not accept online bookings, you’ll need to call them directly and book your stay (800.875.5090).  In order to get the conference rate, be sure to say that you are attending Great Lakes THATCamp.

Tags: , , , , ,

14 Comments

1. Mita says:

Before I can commit to pick up any passengers en route from Windsor, Ontario, I’ll need a rough outline of the event’s schedule. Can you share how much of the event is on 20th and how much is on the 21st?

2. On Saturday, things will run from 8:30 until 5. On Sunday, things will run from 8:30 until 3. The schedule itself (which sessions are when) will be finalized on the first day by the participants.

3. Aditi says:

I’m planning to fly from San Jose to DWT (Detroit Metro) and back. Anyone else traveling from the bay area?

• Jon Voss says:

I’m coming from San Francisco, SFO to GRR (Grand Rapids), where my parents live and I’m dropping off my kids(but I think flying to DWT is a lot cheaper). I’m still on the fence about staying in Lansing vs. commuting from GRR. Just thinking about those 8:30am starts, which is going to be 5:30am for my clock.

4. Aditi says:

Also, I’m looking for someone to share a room with me.

5. I’m also looking for a roommate! I’ve held a room with 2 beds at the Kellog…

6. suzanne says:

I can drive folks up from Detroit to Lansing on Saturday and Sunday morning, including picking anybody up at the airport who took a very early flight!

7. harrigreen says:

Hi all,

I’ll put feelers out there for both getting a ride and room share:

I’m coming from Champaign-Urbana, Illinois (east central part of the state) but could meet a ride in Chicago or St. Louis if need be.

But more importantly, I’d like to share a double with someone, either in Kellog or elsewhere. . . .

8. Jon Voss says:

Any fellas coming in from out of town interested in going in on a double at Kellog? Checking back on the site occasionally, but best bet to email me (jon AT lookbackmaps dot net). Thanks.

9. sikarskie says:

Today–Feb. 26–the Kellogg Center will release our block of rooms. If there are rooms available, you will still get the $89 rate, but please do act very fast, because non THATCampers now have access to these rooms as well!

10. mgeimer says:

I can give up to 4 people a ride from the hotels up on lake lansing/127 area to MSU if needed.

11. harrigreen says:

Hello all,

I’ve reserved a room at the Kellog Hotel with 2 double beds at the $89 rate–email me at harrigreen [at] gmail [dot] com if you’re interested in sharing the room. Thanks!

12. sgsinclair says:

I’ll be driving with Aimée Morrison from Hamilton & Waterloo, probably leaving mid to late afternoon Friday, and returning Sunday. Ping me on twitter (@sgsinclair) if you’re interested if you’re interested in joining us.